Novabase

Novamation's Cross-Country Journey of Forgiveness

Wagons West

Somewhere around here it started to sink in that our schedule was impossible. We needed to be on opposite ends of South Dakota, and we couldn't do it unless HQ finally bought us that jet we'd been asking for. So, with a flurry of increasingly stressed-out phone calls, it was decided that Rapid City, SD, wanted us more than Morris, MN, and we set out from the eastern end of the state all the way over to Rapid City. This was, mind you, a full day of driving done with the knowledge that we'd need to cross the whole distance again to get back on track.

Maria rode with me, ostensibly to cheer me up; I was pretty bummed out about Tigger. She had an amazing computer gadget thingy that gave her decent Internet in places where I couldn't so much as make a phone call. Realizing I'd need tapes, I dictated step-by-step instructions for finding and ordering the correct tapes through Amazon while she followed along. This distracted us for long enough that we were some forty-five minutes down the road before we realized that the other two cars had stopped miles and miles back.

It took a few hours to get everyone back together. We stopped for them, and they overshot, then we caught up to their new stopping place, but couldn't find them... Anyways, watch out for snakes.



edit: between this picture and the one from Genoa, I'm starting to get an appreciation for what lousy resolution Blogger supports. You can't read it, now, but that sign reads "Beware of Poisonous Snakes." I'm pretty unhappy, overall, with how Blogger handles pictures. I suppose that's what you get with a free service...

Double edit: Maybe these work better.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Vg46e0lt9W5kJqNKMVgd4g?authkey=Gv1sRgCN2WlvDbi82OTQ&feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qfEb4GVcD0B4ZOpaAjCCPA?authkey=Gv1sRgCN2WlvDbi82OTQ&feat=directlink

0 comments:

Overview

In 1879, an American genocide began with the founding of the first Native American boarding school in Carlisle, PA.

In 2009, the time has come -- not for vengeance, but for forgiveness. The time has come for a people to heal.

My Role

My name is Chris. I own and operate Novamation Studios, a video production company in northern Minnesota.

I have been given the rare honor of being asked to accompany White Bison on their 6,800-mile journey of healing, forgiveness, and wholeness. My job is to document every step of the way with video, photographs, recorded interviews, and writing.

Updates to this page will be as often as I can manage. Computer and Internet access may be irregular, but I'll do what I can.

Navigation

I consider this blog finished, and have no plans to make future updates.

Thanks to the seemingly-unfixable formatting of blogger.com, there are two hurdles to reading this site easily. First, older posts are archived and must be accessed using the links below. Secondly, the posts are printed in reverse-chronological order. They must be read from the bottom-up.

If anyone knows a way to change this, please let me know. As is, it's simply the shortcomings of a free service.