Novabase

Novamation's Cross-Country Journey of Forgiveness

A Darn Fine Pizza


Mountain High Pizza Pie is still, to this day, the best pizza I’ve ever had. I never expected I’d ever be back in Jackson Hole, but here I am. Using only my nose, primal hunting skills, and yelling, I almost immediately found the place again AND convinced Marlin to stop at Mountain High instead of at the nearby Steakhouse. This was a coup, I assure you.
For a place that’s usually associated with a single, bleached skull, Jackson Hole is a remarkably beautiful place. It’s touristy, but the surrounding landscape overwhelms and cleanses that aspect. It’s like a jewel set against the snowy backdrops of the Grand (Big) Tetons (Cheeses).

The mountains nearby were named by lonely French travelers, but the resemblance isn’t
obvious. Poor guys.
The group has gelled pretty thoroughly, despite this being day four. Don and Marlin have a relationship that falls somewhere in-between “golf buddies” and “old married couple.” Luckily, they both have a sharp sense of humor and keep everyone amused. Wayne can now see, but his voice is nearly gone. He’s a good go-to guy, and actually reminds me an awful lot of my own grandfather. I’m not sure what to make of that. Maria does a great job of staying positive, and is very helpful both for keeping up our own morale, and for giving us a good public face. Early in the morning, she’s good to shake hands and sell T-Shirts while I’m still trying to get my eyes to focus, and the other three guys are trying to get Wayne’s GPS to find a Starbucks. Everyone has adopted a playful, teasing tone when we’re off the job, and the dynamic is good.

Mountain High Pizza Pie. Go there if you get the chance.

0 comments:

Overview

In 1879, an American genocide began with the founding of the first Native American boarding school in Carlisle, PA.

In 2009, the time has come -- not for vengeance, but for forgiveness. The time has come for a people to heal.

My Role

My name is Chris. I own and operate Novamation Studios, a video production company in northern Minnesota.

I have been given the rare honor of being asked to accompany White Bison on their 6,800-mile journey of healing, forgiveness, and wholeness. My job is to document every step of the way with video, photographs, recorded interviews, and writing.

Updates to this page will be as often as I can manage. Computer and Internet access may be irregular, but I'll do what I can.

Navigation

I consider this blog finished, and have no plans to make future updates.

Thanks to the seemingly-unfixable formatting of blogger.com, there are two hurdles to reading this site easily. First, older posts are archived and must be accessed using the links below. Secondly, the posts are printed in reverse-chronological order. They must be read from the bottom-up.

If anyone knows a way to change this, please let me know. As is, it's simply the shortcomings of a free service.